Wednesday 2 July 2008

Thailand - Chiang Mai to Chiang Khong

I spent the morning doing very little, as I needed to wait for a minibus to pick me up at noon for the trip to the Lao border. I went to be bookstore to trade a book in, and had lunch at the guest house. The green chicken curry was superb. My bus was forty-five minutes late, but since I was the last to be picked up, I got to sit up front, which was nice. The drive was quite nice, as we went through verdant countryside filled with pleasant villages. Thai sttlements aren't hideous like those in China, and feature nice wood homes. We stopped twice. First at a rest stop where I bought some overpriced nuts, and second at a market where I bought some pineapple slices. Finally at about six we arrived at the guest house that is a part of the package. The room is a bit mediocre, and has no bathroom or air-con, but it should suffice for the night. At least the place has a nice view over the Mekong. The dinner provided was a surprisingly good buffet, with particularly good chicken curry.

No comments: