Wednesday 16 July 2008

Singapore

I arrived at the airport with no problems, and enjoyed a pleasant time in the the very nice Singapore airline lounge at the Bangkok airport. The flight was also very good, indeed it was the best flight I have ever taken. The lovely stewardesses addressed me by name, and constantly served me drinks, including excellent champagne. The food was also very good, with my dish apparently designed by Gordon Ramsay. Add this was in business class too - I wonder what first class is like! The Singapore airport is excellent, and It took me less than an hour to get out onto the train system. The train was veryh clean and very efficient. I got off on the train in the center and noticed everything was very clean and organized. I felt like I was in the West. I arrived at my hostel after a bit of a trek and then headed off to Chinatown to eat dinner. I found lots of food stalls and had some noodles for dinner. Chinatown is a delightful area. I went into a Hindu temple there, which was interesting. There are quite a few Indians in Singapore. Prices are much higher here than in Thailand.

No comments: