Friday 11 January 2008

Granada

I went on another tapas tour last night. In Granada when you order a drink in tapas bars, you also get a serving of tapas, with you often not being able to make the choice. So, for one and a half to two euros, you can get food and a drink. I don´t think I´ve been to anywhere in Europe that is so cheap, and the tapas was were good as well. I even liked the deep-fried eggplant they served me.

I stayed up too late, and then this morning was woken up at seven by the Koreans in my room, and have thus been very tired all day. I left the hostel at 10:30, and slowly headed up to the Alhambra. The Alhambra is not just one Moorish palace, but is a collection of two Moorish palaces and a rennaissance one. I pre-booked my ticket, so did not need to worry about tickets selling out. I first went to the older Moorish palace, which is very small, but it was still much nicer than the palace in Morocco. At this point, it was nearly time for my entry into the Nazraid palace, the famous one. They are serious about staggering entry too, I had to wait in line for over fifteen minutes. The Palace was absolutely beautiful though. I heard Japanese tourists gasp as they walked into one of the grandest rooms. Next to the Nazriad palace, is the renaissance palace, which had an art museum inside. It was not that interesting, though. After the Alhambra, it was finally lunch time (2:30), but I had been starving for over two hours. I really dislike Spanish eating times. I went for a walk to find out what an orange building was near the Alhambra, which was simply a garishly painted hotel. It was fun to walk along the hill paths to get there. I also went to the cathedral, which I did not think was that great, and was also really cold. I was tired at this point, and had rn out of things to do, so I decided to take a siesta, which made me feel much better.

No comments: