Monday 25 February 2008

Illogical Addresses

This morning I took the subway to the Lama Temple station, where the Visa center is located. The transfer between Line 13 and the loop line was a nightmare, involving walking for ten minutes and going outside. I searched around the Lama Temple station for nearly an hour for the building, which is #2. I knew I had the street right, and on the right hand side, I saw #7 and then #1. I asked a guy where to go and he said the other way. After walking for fifteen minutes, I realized this was the wrong way, and took a taxi to help me find it. The visa building (#2) is actually after #1! How much sense is that?

We also picked up our books today. Out of nine levels, I was assigned to the fourth. I looked through the books, and think they may be too hard. We'll see. I was able to read most of the stuff in the first parts of the books, but there were quite a few characters I didn't recognize.

No comments: