Sunday 23 March 2008

Summer Trip

I've booked a business class flight to Bangkok and Singapore using points. It's only 30000 for a business class ticket, versus 20000 for economy, so I logically chose to get the best value and fly business. It is better value simply because buying a business class ticket could cost up 10 times the price of an economy one. I've booked the trip for three weeks, with 17 days in Thailand and 4 in Singapore. However, there is a small chance that I may extend the trip (and change my flight) depending on when I actually finish school here (still not sure). But, I've been doing research on the area, and am thinking that based on the time I have and what I want to see, that a trip to Northern Thailand and Laos is in order. Laos is dirt cheap (apparently), and seems to be a bit off the beaten track, which appeals to me. Plus, I can take a boat down the Mekong there. In Singapore, I will probably take a day trip or spend a night in Indonesia's Riau islands. Plus, by doing this I can get a sticker visa, which I really want. Sticker visas look pretty. Unfortunately, by the end of this trip I will have to get a new passport. Canada does not allow pages to be added, and I only have six blank pages remaining. What a drag!

No comments: